Monday 13 July 2015

My current digiscoping setup

My digiscoping set-up - July 2015

My digiscoping set-up - July 2015

My digiscoping set-up - July 2015

Not much in the way of words with this post - but I thought I'd add some shots of my current digiscoping set up.  It is the Panasonic GX7, 20mm f.1.7mm lens, Swarovski DCA adapter, and a 46mm-52mm stepping ring.

What you can see on the bottom image is a custom machined sleeve which screws on to the eyepiece mount of the 30x eyepiece.  This then replaces the Swaro sleeve I've got which only attaches to the zoom eyepieces.  The sleeve was created for me by SRB-Griturn of Dunstable and cost around 40 quid.  I'm very pleased with the results I get out of this setup - far better than any digiscoping camera I've used before, and approaching DSLR in quality - take a look at my Flickr album here.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to see your set-up, Steve. The main problems I have digiscoping relate to the need to first focus the scope and then to position and focus the camera. All too often, by the time I'm ready the bird has moved out of the plane of focus. I hope it's something that improves with practice ;o)! Do you use a remote shutter release as well?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails