Sunday 3 May 2009

Falco-fantastico!

Had a lazy day today. Spent most of the day pottering around the garden, cutting grass, moving bird feeders about, you know the drill. Best bird of the morning was a Song Thrush bashing the living daylights out of snails. It's something I've not seen for years, but have fond memories of seeing them in my parents garden doing this all the time. It really put a smile on my face.


In the afternoon we got bored, so went to Rookery for an hour. The wind was blowing a gale over the eastern bank, which made viewing difficult. However the Hobbies were giving fantastic views right over head. Absolutely mega birds.


I also saw my first Grizzled Skipper of the year, albeit briefly before being blown away just as quickly as it flew in.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails