Monday 28 July 2008

Digi-dslr-scoping

I tried digiscoping with my DSLR today. I borrowed a friends 50mm f1.8 lens and stuck it to my zoom via the Swaro DCA adapter.

First impressions are that it's very difficult to focus! You have to set the lens to manual focus, which means you have to be spot on with the scopes focus while viewing through the camera. Difficult to do, and follow the bird, and to get a sharp image!

Anyway, here are my efforts from Cley today. Some of which I'm well chuffed with, even though some are slightly out of focus.

I also tried digiscoping flying raptors today. I think this method could work really well with practice...





1 comment:

  1. Good Start with the DSLR digiscoping method Mr B, keep it up, you are right, you need to focus ever so accurately! you now understand what i meant by its not easy

    Speak soon

    ATB

    Digiman

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails